Here is some useful information concerning how to get to the conference/institute, your hotel and travelling in Potsdam and Berlin.
Arriving by Plane
Berlin has two airports, Tegel and Schönefeld. They are connected well to all the major train stations in Berlin (Zoo, Hauptbahnhof, Ostbahnhof) by public transportation. From Schönefeld you can also take the regional train RB22 directly to Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. The journey to Potsdam/Golm takes one to two hours.
A taxi to Potsdam/Golm will be 50 € or more, and takes 45-60 minutes from either airport. Renting a car at the airport is also an option.
Arriving by Train
All intercity trains stop in Berlin Hauptbahnhof, some in Berlin Spandau or Berlin Südkreuz. The journey to Potsdam/Golm by public transportation takes around one hour.
A taxi to Potsdam/Golm will be 50 € or more, and takes around 45 minutes.
- Flughafen Tegel, Berlin
- Berlin Schoenefeld, Flughafen
- Berlin Hauptbahnhof
- Berlin Ostbahnhof
- Potsdam Hauptbahnhof
The destination (nach) is, respectively:
- Potsdam Hauptbahnhof (Hotel Mercure)
- Potsdam Luisenplatz (Hotel am Luisenplatz)
- Golm, Weinmeisterstrasse (Landhotel Potsdam)
- Golm, Wissenschaftspark (institute)
- Between Berlin and Potsdam/Golm: Berlin ABC (2.80 € single ride, 6.50 &euro daily, 32.30 &euro weekly)
- Between Schönefeld and Potsdam/Golm by RB22: Berlin BC (2.50 € single ride)
- Between Potsdam and Golm: Potsdam AB (1.70 € single ride, 3.90 &euro daily, 11.90 &euro weekly)
From Hauptbahnhof (or: Zoologischer Garten, Ostbahnhof, Wannsee) take the regional express train RE1 for Brandenburg or Magdeburg and get off in Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. Note: The S-Bahn S7 takes the same route, but it usually takes as long as waiting for the next regional express train.
From Südkreuz take the S-Bahn S1 to Wannsee. In Wannsee change to the S-Bahn S7 to Potsdam.
To get from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof to Golm, you have the following options:
- Take a regional train: Both RB21 for Wustermark and RB20 for Oranienburg take nine minutes to get to Golm and run about once an hour. Once you arrive in Golm, take the underpass under the railroad tracks and follow the road for about 500 m to the Wissenschaftspark.
- Take bus 605, 606 (N14) from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof to Golm Wissenschaftspark. Buses take about half an hour to get to Golm but run every 10 minutes. Buses leave from the bus station, which you can find in front of the Hauptbahnhof (follow the sign "Bus"). The bus line numbers are indicated at each stopping place.
- Take a taxi to Golm, Wissenschaftspark (this will cost you around 15 €).
From Spandau, take the regional train RB13 fpr Rathenow or Wustermark or the regional express train RE4 for Stendal, and change in Wustermark to the regional train RB21 for Griebnitzsee. That train stops in Golm. Once you arrive in Golm, follow the road on your side of the tracks for about 500 m to the Wissenschaftspark. Alternatively, you can take a train to Zoologischer Garten or take bus 638 or 639 to Potsdam.
From Hotel Mercure
Hotel Mercure is situated in the Potsdam city centre at Lange Brücke. The main train station (Potsdam Hauptbahnhof) may be reached by foot in about five minutes. Hotel Mercure is the tall building by the lake. The fastest connection to the institute is an hourly regional train RB21 (or RB20) leaving from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof for Wustermark (or Oranienburg). Get off at Golm, take the underpass under the railroad tracks and follow the road for about 500 m to the Wissenschaftspark. Or take the bus lines 605, 606 (N14) from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof or Alter Markt to Golm Wissenschaftspark.
From Hotel am Luisenplatz
Hotel am Luisenplatz is situated in central Potsdam at Luisenplatz opposite the city gate. To get to the institute, take the bus lines 605, 606 (N14) from Luisenplatz to Golm Wissenschaftspark.
From Landhotel Potsdam
Landhotel Potsdam is located in Golm, Reiherbergstraße 33 fairly close to the institute, you can walk in ten minutes, see the site map. The hotel can be reached by bus (697) from Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. The closest bus stop is Weinmeisterstraße.
Traveling by Car
- Lange Bruecke, 14467 Potsdam (Hotel Mercure)
- Luisenplatz 5, 14471 Potsdam (Hotel am Luisenplatz)
- Reiherbergstrasse 33, 14476 Potsdam-Golm (Landhotel Potsdam)
- Am Muehlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam-Golm (institute)
To get to the institute from Berlin: Leave the highway (Autobahn) A115 at the exit Potsdam Babelsberg and turn at Potsdam-Zentrum. Follow the directions to Autobahn Hamburg until Golm is indicated.
Other routes: Leave the highway (Autobahn) A10 at the exit Leest and turn at Potsdam. Pass Leest and Grube to get to Golm.
On the Campus
Once on the campus, go to the central building, see the site maps below:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]